Not all rules are meant to be broken and as much as we dislike setting some, sadly we have to! So here are some that we would like you to stick to and we are very grateful. Thank you.
- There is a no show policy in place and a charge will occur of the full cost of the treatment if you do not attend and 50% for a cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- Being late for your appointment will result in your treatment time being reduced or your appointment may need to be cancelled and a charge may be incurred.
- Please arrive at your appointment 5 minutes prior to your start time.
- We love children but a salon is not a safe or appropriate environment for them, so please leave them at home.
- If you are unhappy with your treatment, please say at the time of your appointment, or within 24 hours for spray tans and 4 days for nail enhancements.
- Should you feel unhappy with a treatment, in the cases of nails, tanning or unusual reactions, we will need to see you in person to make a proper assessment of the issue that concerns you.
- We are happy to repair Gelish nails if there is any peeling or lifting within the first 4 days. After this, any damage will be deemed wear and tear.
- Clients are responsible for all nail breakages after leaving the premises.
- If we deem the issue to be our error, we will offer to rectify the problem with the offer of a repeat appointment OR an alternative therapy, to the value of your original treatment. No refunds will be given.
- We have the right to refuse treatment.
- Clients are responsible for adhering to all aftercare advice given.
- Gift Vouchers and accounts are no-transferable and non-refundable.
- In the event of product unavailability, an alternative may be offered on your arrival.
- Special offers & discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and special T’C’s & C’s may apply to each individual offer.
- Please switch all mobile phones off on arrival and please respect the quiet nature of our salon.
- Patch tests are required 48 hours before lash and brow tinting, lash extensions, tanning, glycolic peels or if you have a history of allergies. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Returns, Refunds and Exchanges Policy
How To Return An Item – Faulty or Online Purchases ONLY.
Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a defect. You must return the item within 14 days of your purchase. All returns to The English Rose, Worting House, Church Lane Basingstoke Hampshire RG23 8PX.
• You must notify us of any shortage, damage or defect in the Product within 3 days of delivery or you will have been deemed to accept the Product. If the Product is found to be faulty or defective, then we will offer you either a replacement or a full refund where appropriate.
• All items must be returned within 14 days of the purchase.
• Include in your returns, the invoice/receipt with which your product was purchased, without this we will not refund or replace.
• The returned item(s) must be complete, intact and with all packaging complete.
• Please pack your products carefully & where possible use the original packaging. Failure to do so may result in damage to the product which you will be liable for.
• You will be responsible for the return shipping costs.
• Please note that depending on the reason for return, we reserve the right to charge for additional postage.
• Returned items are subject to inspection by English Rose staff. All parts, pieces, printed materials, promotional items, accessories, and any original product packaging must be returned. Returned products may not be altered.
• Returns that do not meet the return policy criteria will not qualify for a refund and may be returned at the customer’s expense or destroyed upon request.
• We are not responsible for return packages that may be lost or damaged in transit. It is recommended that you choose a method of shipping with tracking and insurance.
• Please allow up to 14 days for delivery of product replacement or credit/refund.
• If you do not return the goods, you will be deemed to have rescinded your request to cancel and accepted the goods. Therefore no refunds will be applicable.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Please note – should an order be returned to us because you did not collect it in time after an attempted delivery or the address you entered was incorrect we reserve the right to pass on any costs incurred.
No returns of product purchased from the internet or an unauthorized retailer will be accepted under any circumstances.
GDPR – how we use your information
We take your personal data very seriously and that’s why we want to let you know why and how we collect and store your personal details in accordance with the new GDPR legislation that comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
How we collect your data
We collect your data in several ways, as detailed below.
1. In the salon using a printed Client consultation form, further details of all information collected can be found below under the heading ‘What personal data we collect and why’. We then store your name, address, date of birth, email address, treatment history and any medical alerts on our secure digital system Mind Body Online.
2. Contact Form – This is a contact form on our website for you to contact us with enquiries. We ask for your name, email address and to leave a comment, you will NOT be added to our mailing list for using this.
3. Social media – You may contact us via Facebook messenger or other networks and we will reply to you message but we DO NOT PAY TO OR USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM SOCIAL MEDIA.
What personal data we collect and why
When arriving for your appointment at the salon we will ask you to complete a Client Health Questionnaire. We require the below personal details from you and have given a legal reason why we need these.
1. Your full name – So we can address you in the salon and ensure all communication is with the correct person.
2. Date of birth – So we can wish you a happy birthday, to help us distinguish 2 clients with identical names and also for the emergency services in case of an emergency whilst at the salon.
3. Address – To aid the emergency services in case of an emergency whilst at the salon. If any of your loved ones contact us to send you a gift voucher.
4. Email address – To send booking confirmations and 24 hour reminders as well as email invoices of any services you have received.
5. Medical history including operations, diseases and disorders. Medical history is crucial to allow us to perform our treatments safely and adhere to the terms of our insurance.
6. Allergies – To ensure nothing we use during a treatment or around you at the salon can cause you harm, irritation or any other complications and to adhere to the terms of our insurance..
7. Medication – Some medication can be a contraindication to treatment or react with products we use. It is essential we know details to protect you, the client and adhere to our insurance terms and conditions.
8. Patch test – This is a skin test we carry out in the salon to test for potential allergic reactions to certain treatments. We keep this on file so all therapists know you are able to have that treatment and in the event of a reaction we know which product was used and when.
9. Treatment history – This is so each therapist can see how the last therapist carried out a treatment, the products used and relevant information regarding your preferences, such as massage pressure. This allows us consistency of care.
10. Your Consent – We require you to read and sign a consent form which allows us to perform your treatments and obtain this information, lawfully from you and legally store it in accordance with GDPR.
11. Your Contact preferences – If you wish to be on our mailing list you must opt in otherwise we cannot legally send you our newsletters and special offers.
12. Your consent to use treatments photos – Some of our treatments involve before and after photos on salon devices to aid the client experience and proof of progress/treatment. Sometimes we like to use these on social media and need your permission to do so.
13. Your signature – To prove it was you that was present in the salon and that you answered all of the above, to the best of your knowledge and honestly. That you agree to English Rose holding you data on our digital online booking system database and on paper form in our secure locked filing cabinets.
How your data is stored
Your data is in digital and paper form at English Rose but we endeavour to scan and store ALL of it these digitally, shredding the original. Digital information is stored using online booking system with cloud software and is password protected. English Rose staff have a password and certain areas are restricted to management only.
Electronic devices at English Rose comprise of three, desk based computers; none contain client personal data. The Company Mobile phone is used for client images, with client permission and is not used for any marketing purposes other than agreed by the client in their consultation form. Photos do not contain personal details or clients full face and are uploaded onto Mind Body System Client Profile and the original deleted.
How long we hold your personal data for?
We most recently updated our records on 25/05/2018 and now only hold personal data from June 2016 onwards. We will hold your data for up to 2 years, from your last attendance; unless you ask us otherwise as we clients visit us weekly, monthly or yearly. In order to continue to provide the client with the best service possible we need these records to see exactly what treatments were performed, reactions, likes, dislikes, patch tests, products used etc.
With a client base in excess of 1200 we do need a little help and do use a third party to deliver our email confirmation, 24 hour reminders, failure to show notices, newsletters and emails. We use Constant Contact via our Mind Body Online booking system and I, Joanne Goodman send all client communications. We DO NOT sell or share your personal data with anyone. No other third party including our accountant has any client personal data. Mind Body have updated their policies and security in accordance with the GDPR, please see Mindbodyonline.com for further information.
Your right to access or changed your mind?
Your data control officer for English Rose is Joanne Goodman. In the event of a breach of personal data you will be contacted by the above mentioned person within 72 hours of discovery.
You have the right to be forgotten. If at any time you no longer wish to be on English Rose’s database that’s no problem, simply send an email to Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will personally remove your digital file and then cross shred you paper file and ensure if you opted onto our mailing list that this is also removed.
You have the right to access your personal data that English Rose holds and the right to rectification if it is incomplete, incorrect or out of date.
You also have the right to Data portability so if you wish us to transfer some personal data such as patch test results or if you a moving towns to another salon.
You also have the right to object to processing and direct marketing. Your data can remain in one place but not used.